Friday 27 July 2012

Welcome to Chiller Flicks

I love a good movie, I especially love a good horror movie, it’s the same with books, horrors are my thing! So when a new one comes out I’m there, weird, gorey, cheesy it doesn’t matter. But lately it seems we have less horror in our stories/films and more talking, emotions and underlying social plot points!

The films I grew up with from the 80′s and 90′s were better and I’m not talking about graphics here (of course the ones now are fancier!) but in lots of different ways, they are cheesier, they tend to have more gore, less talking or at least serious talking, less romance subplots and most of all they are much more rewatchable.

It’s the same with horror books. Nowadays your more likely to get a romantic story with werewolves and vampires getting it on with everyone and then some but back in the 80′s and 90′s they were still seen as monsters and could be terrifing rather than sickly sweet!

And this is where I come in, over the coming months I’m going to review horror films and books from the 80′s and 90′s. And maybe we can show everyone that we don’t want to fall in love with our monsters but cower behind the couch in the vain hope they can’t see us!!

If you would like me to review a specific book or film email me with the name and I’ll find a copy and watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment